Thursday, June 4, 2009

Blog Readers - Thing 6

I guess I had better get cracking on the “things,” as I am only on thing 6 and so far we are up to thing 10. I am glad I decided to participate in this project because I probably would not have had an opportunity to play with some of these technology things or even know they were available to think about how they could be useful both professionally and personally.

I set up Google Reader and added some NT 23 blogs, news and lifestyle links. It is a convenient timesaver to be able to view the new entries at one time. I find it most useful for the blogs that I am following because new content can be viewed when the reader is opened. I don’t have to open each individual blog only to find nothing new was added that day. The news feed that I included, I am not so sure it is that helpful. Since I don’t always have time to view the reader each day, I had over 250 top news items to view and it required scrolling all the way to the bottom to clear the items count to 0. Some I had already read about in the newspaper or heard about on the radio or TV, so it was not always new news.

I will continue to explore other aspects and features and read some of the other blogs for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment