Monday, August 3, 2009

Google Docs - Thing 19


I am not as enamored with Google Docs as many are. I have had the opportunity to work on many different office/library/computer lab computers and so far all have had some sort of office suite for documents, power point, excel, etc. The Library office computers also have had a shared drive for documents that are shared between co-workers. So far, I have not had a problem with sharing documents for work related projects. That being said, I am sure it has valid uses for some. I will have to keep Google Docs in mind and maybe explore it a little more. I will have a student going off to college in a year, so the “Docs” may be a solution to possibly having to buy office packages that may not be included on the a new computer purchase. I can also see its usefulness for student group projects, in which several students are working and interacting on the same document

No comments:

Post a Comment