Friday, August 7, 2009

Podcasts - Thing 21


Podcasts are interesting and something I might want to experiment with in my library. My daughter’s school is using ipods for language and some of the other classes. She also said that in some of the classes, that she hasn’t taken yet, they do some of their own podcasts.

I looked at the “Teen Show” from the West Covina Library – LA County Public Library System. The teens put together book recommendations and synopses. The librarians also have interviews from a comedian and business women.

Mohawk College in Canada had some excellent podcasts called “Braincasts” with topics including social networking, facebook/myspace, fiction books and a “how to” podcast. However, it looked like they hadn’t done anything new in quite awhile.

Moraine Valley Community College had a “Good Reads” book reviews for the remainder of this summer. North Texas Library Systems Librarian Live had a “Going Green.

I think I would begin with something that seems easy, like book reviews of some of the new books or maybe some of the older good books that are worth reading again that some may have missed. Then maybe move on to something more instructional. I also think that keeping them short, perhaps 10 minutes or less would be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment