Sunday, July 19, 2009

Tagging - Thing 13


Tagging is a concept that I think is worthwhile to give it a try in libraries. It already sounds like some libraries are starting to use tagging as a compliment to subject headings. As with any new process there will be a period of implementation and getting used to the new system and terms. Tagging is more a free form style, so some items may be more easily found while some items the user may have to sift through more irrelevant things not necessarily related to the search at hand. Anything that may be more user friendly is always a good thing. I tryed my hand at tagging this post with tagging, library tagging, North Texas 23 Blogs, Thing 13, Deborah's Discussions. If I have time I may go back and try tagging some of my other posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment