Saturday, July 25, 2009

LibWorm - Thing 17


LibWorm is an interesting site. I did a phrase search for Cedar Valley College but found nothing. This did surprise me since I know we have had articles written about us. I also searched Dallas County Community College District only to find two articles. One was an outdated job announcement posted on Ohio Net. The other was an article about Texas colleges losing health insurance, also outdated. e

I enjoyed browsing the Feed Categories, particularly Academic Libraries and Book Reviews. The Review a Day book was “How the States got their Shapes” by Mark Stein. The review made me want to go try to find it at the library. The News category had current date information.

The Subjects also had quite a few categories of interest including Young Adults, Collections Development, Readers Advisory and Reference to name a few. Looks like one can spend quite a bit of time browsing. It will take me multiple visits just to find the stuff I am most interested in. I found an interesting article in Nonfiction about LibraryThing from the K State Libraries (Kansas).

No comments:

Post a Comment